Cross and I (God too?)

[photopress:101_0565.jpg,full,pp_image]

So this is one of the best pictures I’ve seen. This was NOT taken by me…but a friend at church camp. That’s me there, by the cross…yeah.

I think it is a really nice and kind of a “deep” looking picture, even though I don’t really think I associate much of myself with God and church anymore. I’ve been reluctant to post about any more religion stuff, because I know some people will be mad at me. Just because I don’t believe in something shouldn’t change anything. I still have strong morals and good intentions.

Well, I’m going to read and go to sleep – here are my house-sitting house.

This entry was posted in Personal, Pictures. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Cross and I (God too?)

1. Kodi says:

What! You don’t believe in God anymore? Please tell me it isn’t true! Has Cole been getting to you? lol. Please, post stuff about religion. Who cares what people think. I won’t care.

2. Heather says:

David, no one will get mad at you. We might be concerned for you because we love you, but not mad. And if anyone does get mad, it shouldn’t be at you.

Happy Friday!

3. Amy says:

Hey bud. I haven’t heard you talk about this but maybe it’s because you don’t to. I’d like to know how you feel about it, but that’s okay if you don’t want to chat about that particular subject.

Hey! I love you!

4. Kodi says:

Yeah jeez David how about you let us know how you feel. This is a blog you know.

5. James says:

I would like to point out that Heather’s response was the stereotypical cookie cuted christian response of we won’t not like you, be mad at you, or otherwise think less of you but in reality the truth is that response just tells someone else how unaware you are of how people perceive what you are saying.

Religion to not some people but alot, an ass load of people it is there lives. Religion=life(Period)

People spend there whole lives associated with the church, doing things that they think is right by “there” church by there “right” religion. Then when someone that was standing by them for so many years decides that they don’t necessarily believe the same thing anymore they get mad, pissed, upset, or whatever. It’s a known fact that when someone doesn’t believe what another person believes or that person “no longer” believes they feel upset and there is a sense of betrayal. Saying people don’t get mad is like saying those people that are “devout” christians have never killed anyone in the name of god. It’s bullshit.

As a side not I find it funny that the spell check in this program wants me to capatilize the word “christian” but not god.

6. Kodi says:

Yeah but I’m pretty sure none of us will be mad. We want to here about it.

7. Heather says:

Hey, it’s okay you’ve totally stereotyped me there.

And actually, I didn’t say “people don’t get mad” I said no one will (if they are David’s friend) and that they shouldn’t. Who ever said Christians haven’t killed in the name of God? Of course they have. Whether or not is was right and founded, however, is a different story for another time. Good try though.

I know what I believe and why I believe it and I don’t think my way is the right way, nor do I think my church is the “right” or “perfect” church. Such a church doesn’t exist. The Bible is the authority on what’s right- not me, my pastor, or my church.

David is my friend, and I do and will love him no matter what. 🙂

Happy Monday!

8. Natalie says:

I love that picture. I am very proud of it…and I am VERY proud of YOU, david. no matter what… I always will be.