5 Days In 5 Ways

I’m 5 days into this second semester of my junior year of high school. It is 8.50pm, so I’m sitting in my bed, thinking “Hey, I need to write a blog post, because HEY I have soooooooo many people who would like to read about me!! ha!”

School looks good so far. I’m now in Mrs Lauxman’s English class, and she seems cool (both from what I’ve seen and heard). She is one of the younger (a new new this year) teachers who is trying to be a good and cool as possible, unlike many of the older teachers who a) don’t care and are just teaching to reach retirement rewards, b) have gotten caught up in information that they teach that they have forgotten who to be a good teacher, or c) haven’t realized they weren’t really ever good teachers. Of course there are the few older teachers that are awesome…exceptions from the aforementioned characteristics. Anyway.

I spent the 24 of the past 48 hours at a monastery! This was really fun and interesting. As the youth of my church, Grace Cathedral, get ready to head on our pilgrimage to Canterbury England in July, we are doing a few events to get to know each other better, learn more about our “mission,” etc, so we can get the best experience possible from our trip. The retreat this weekend was really cool. Here is a picture of one of the mostastics (aka, nun) that taught us a lot about the monastery as well as pilgrimage, talking to us in a chapel (really big) at the monastery.
[photopress:P1060016.JPG,full,pp_image]

The drumline is performing twice this week! First, on Thursday night (Jan 11, 2007) we’re playing at White Concert Hall at the Martin Luther King “Living the Dream” celebration, where all the local drumlines will perform. The show we’re putting on is mostly written by me, with a chunk by Chelsey, our section leader. Our second performance is SPIRIT NIGHT, this Friday (Jan 12, 2007) at the SHHS basketball game! Our biggest/funnest performance of the year. ohhh snaps, some of you people better come see us!

This is probably really nerdy, but I’m reading Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography. I was introduced to it in (suprise) Mr. Dormer’s English class last semester, and it sounded very interesting. So, yeah…I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

Life is currently sort of a grab-bag as you can see. Thanks for checking it out! (comment…NOW)

This entry was posted in Culture, My Day, Percussion, Personal, Pictures, Religion and Politics, School. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 5 Days In 5 Ways

1. Heather says:

Is it weird that I’ve always thought it would be fun to be a nun and live in a monestary, just for a while to see what it’s like?

Ben Franklin was the man. Our country needs another one of him. You really have to let us know how the book is.

Adios.

2. FADI says:

yes it is weird but strangely weird is good

hey david thanks for posting because i always like to read about others lives

3. Heather says:

I already have said you did an awesome job, but the drumline performance at spirit night was one of the most amazing and enjoyable performances I’ve ever seen, and definitely in my top ten best experiences of high school (because, you know, I totally keep a formal list… not). You guys rock.

4. K-dizzle says:

hey david…i had a question about your photo page. who hosts (is that the word I’m looking for) those for you, and how did you get that to be part of your site? i got a camera for christmas and am interested in how you do that.

5. Zanoba says:

BreemdaaNovember 23, 2012 Due to having faimly in Michigan I have always paid attention to how well their teams are doing. So excited to see how the Lions due this season & also being from Boston I could not be happier to see that the Tigers won over the Yankees. Which makes me love the Detroit D sticker on my car even more!

6. Abhayan says:

Greg DearmanDecember 22, 2012 Blue Thunder is an outstanding perfarmonce ensemble. Director Keith Rousu has also been instrumental in guidance to other up and coming NFL lines.

7. You’ve really impressed me with that answer!

8. Thought it wouldn’t to give it a shot. I was right.

9. As Charlie Sheen says, this article is “WINNING!”

10. Daniel says:

It’s good to see someone thniinkg it through.

11. Bruce, you wuss. When Sam Abbott was around we fought boundary changes and efforts to close local schools. It included talking to officials, but a whole lot more. Community activists like Faith Stern, Carolyn Bassing and Dorothy Maloski didn’t settle for just talk.

12. I hate actually doing the laundry, like bringing the basket downstairs and getting it all into the machine. I avoid it like the plague, actually, until I’m down to my last pair of underwear. I like to buy lots of clothes for the kids at garage sales so they can go weeks without running out of clothes. So I do laundry once every 2-3 weeks, but when I do get around to it, I have 6 or more loads to do. And I don’t mind folding and putting everything away, because by the time I do the laundry, my closet is empty.

13. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

14. Dag Inge, Ik lees hierboven dat ‘s morgens klaargemaakte sla tussen de middag al de vitamines verloren is. Klopt dat? ik maak mijn sla ook ‘s morgens klaar namelijk. groet, Anna

15. Yeah that’s what I’m talking about baby–nice work!